At the beginning of our Senior year in high school, my husband and I started writing letters under the guise of being just friends. This progressed into a long distance relationship until the following fall when we started college together. We were living 235 miles apart and the creative ways Christopher wooed me were what made me fall in love with him.
– One-ringers. Every now and then he would call my house on the hour, let the phone ring once and hang up. Just to let me know he was thinking of me.
– Movie Date. He checked the local listings for a movie channel he knew my parents subscribed to and looked for a romantic movie. (Say Anything). He rented it the same night and told me to watch it, knowing he was watching it at the same time and to imagine him sitting beside me. He called me afterwards so he could say goodbye for our “date”.
– Video. He video taped himself doing various things to show me parts of his life that I had not been exposed to before, like his high school.
– Surprise visits. He showed up a few different weekends, unannounced, just because he missed me.
– Very creative letter writing. Christopher took the time to make sure every word in his letters would make me smile. They were always filled with so much life, witty verse, and poetry, that I have several of them memorized from top to bottom. There was never any “Hi, how are you? I’m fine.”
We also did more standard things like scheduled visits, phone calls, and flowers, but the special things listed above were what showed me that he was “the One”.
Over 100,000,000 copies in circulation already, download your free copy now.