Best Romantic Movie Quotes
Want to reference some of the best romantic movie quotes in an email or love letter? Here are just a few romantic movie quotes we have collected. Feel free to email us some of your favorites. Also check out our collection romantic movies you might want to watch with your beloved.
The Accidental Tourist
- “I’m beginning to think that maybe it’s not just how much you love someone. Maybe what matters is who you are when you’re with them.”
A Beautiful Mind
- “It’s only in the mysterious equations of love that any logical reasons can be found. I am only here tonight because of you. You are all I am. You are all my reasons.”
- “Perhaps it is good to have a beautiful mind, but an even greater gift is to discover a beautiful heart.”
- “Sometimes, the only way to catch an uncatchable woman is to offer her a wedding ring.”
The Bridges of Madison County
- “It seems right now that all I’ve ever done in my life is making my way here to you.”
- “This kind of certainty comes but once in a lifetime.”
Captain Corelli’s Mandolin
- “When you fall in love, it is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake, and then it subsides. And when it subsides, you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots are become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part.”
City of Angels
- “I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it.”
- “When they ask me what I liked best, I’ll say it was you.”
- “You can be anywhere when your life begins. You meet the right person and anything is possible.”
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
- “A faithful heart makes wishes come true.”
- “I would rather be a ghost drifting by your side as a condemned soul than enter heaven without you. Because of your love, I will never be a lonely spirit.”
- “I want to tell you with my last breath that I have always loved you.”
Don Juan DeMarco
- “There are only four questions of value in life. What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made of? What is worth living for? What is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same. Only love.”
- “Have you never met a woman who inspires you to love? Until your every sense is filled with her? You inhale her. You taste her. You see your unborn children in her eyes and know that your heart has at last found a home. Your life begins with her, and without her it must surely end.”
- “I have crossed oceans of time to find you.”
- “The luckiest man in the world is he who finds true love.”
The Englsh Patient
- “New lovers are nervous and tender, yet smash everything- for the heart is an organ of fire.”
- “Every night I cut out my heart. But in the morning it was full again.”
- “Swoon. I’ll catch you.”
- “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen, nor touched, but are felt in the heart.”
- “A life without love is no life at all”
- Prince Henry:” And what happens if the person you’re supposed to be with never appears or she does, and you’re too distracted to notice?”
Leonardo da Vinci:”You learn to pay attention.”
- Danielle:”A bird may love a fish, signore, but where will they live?”
Leonardo da Vinci:”Then I shall have to make you wings.”
- Prince Henry:” You told me it was a matter of life or death.”
Leonardo da Vinci:”A woman always is.”
Four Weddings and A Funeral
- “In the words of David Cassidy, while he was still with The Partridge Family, I believe…..I think I love you.”
- “Dancing is just a conversation between two people. Talk to me.”
- “I love him and I don’t care what you think. I love him for the man he wants to be and I love him for the man he almost is.”
- “I love you. You….. complete me.”
A Knight’s Tale
- “Love has given me wings so I must fly.”
- “If I could ask God one thing, it would be to stop the moon. Stop the moon and make this night and your beauty last forever.”
- “The greatest thing you’ll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.”
- “Love? Above all things I believe in love! Love is like oxygen! Love is a many splendored thing, love lifts us up where we belong, all you need is love!”
- “The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds and that’s what you’ve given me.”
- “I am nothing special; just a common man with common thoughts, and I’ve led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me, and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who’s ever lived: I’ve loved another with all my heart and soul and to me, this has always been enough.”
- “I am just a girl standing in front of a boy asking him to love her.”
- “Happiness isn’t happiness without a violin-playing goat.”
The Phantom of The Opera
- “Say you’ll share with me one love, one lifetime. Lead me, save me from my solitude. Say you want me with you, here beside you. Anywhere you go, let me go, too. Love me, that’s all I ask of you.”
- “Past the point of no return- no going back now. Our passion play has now at last begun. Past all thought of right or wrong. One final question. How long should we two wait, before we’re one? When will the blood begin to race? The sleeping bud burst into bloom? When will the flames at last consume us?”Runaway Bride
- “Look. I guarantee there’ll be tough times. I guarantee that at some point, one or both of us is gonna want to get out of this thing. But, I also guarantee that if I don’t ask you to be mine, I’ll regret it for the rest of my life, because I know, in my heart, you’re the only one for me.”
Romeo & Juliet
Did my heart love till now?
Forswear it, sight!
For I ne’er saw true beauty
till this night!
Parting is such sweet sorrow,
that I shall saw goodnight,
till it be morrow!
But soft! What light through
yonder window breaks?
It is the east and Juliet is the sun.
See, how she leans her cheek
upon that hand!
O, that I were a glove upon that hand,
That I might touch that cheek!
This bud of love,
by summer’s ripening breath,
May prove a beautious flower when next we meet.
Love’s heralds should be thoughts
O, she doth teach the torches to burn bright!
If I profane with my unworthiest hand
This holy shrine, the gentle fine is this: My lips, two blushing pilgrims, ready stand To smooth that rough touch with a tender kiss.
What’s in a name?
That which we call a rose
by any other name would smell as sweet.
O, speak again, bright angel!
Shakespeare In Love
- “I will have poetry in my life. And adventure. And love. Love above all. No…not the artful postures of love, not playful and poetical games of love for the amusement of an evening. but love that…overthrows life. Unbiddable, ungovernable, like a riot in the heart, and nothing to be done, come ruin or rapture.”
- “Love denied blights the soul we owe to God.”
- “If I could measure the beauty of her eyes, I was born to look into them and know myself.”
Shall We Dance
- “We need a witness to our lives. There’s a billion people on the planet….. I mean, what does any one life mean? But in a marriage, you’re promising to care about everything. The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things….. all of it, all the time, every day. You’re saying ‘Your life will not go unnoticed because I will notice it. Your life will not go unwitnessed because I will be your witness’”.
- “The rumba is the vertical expression of a horizontal wish. You have to hold her like the skin on the thigh is your reason for living. Let her go, like your heart’s being ripped from your chest. Throw her back, like you’re going to have your way with her, right here on the dance floor. And then finish like she’s ruined you for life.”
Sleepless In Seattle
- “Well, it was a million tiny little things that, when you add them all up, they meant that we were supposed to be together…..and I knew it. I knew it the very first time I touched her. It was like coming home…..only to no home I’d ever known. I was just taking her hand to help her out of a car and I knew. It was like…..magic.”
Somewhere In Time
- Elise’s soliloquy:
“The man of my dreams has almost faded now. The one I have created in my mind. The sort of man each woman dreams of in the deepest and most secret reaches of her heart. I can almost see him now before me. What would I say to him, if he were really here? Forgive me, I have never known this feeling. I’ve lived without it all my life. Is it any wonder, then, that I fail to recognize you? You– who brought it to me for the first time. Is there any way I can tell you how my life has changed? Any way at all to let you know what sweetness you have given me? There is so much to say…I cannot find the words. Except for these– I love you! Such would I say to him, if he were really here.”
A Walk In The Clouds
- “Newlyweds. What else do they do but make love and war?”
- “I know that she is good and strong and deserves all the love this world has to give. Can’t you see that, how wonderful, how special she is?”
West Side Story
- “Only you, you’re the only thing I’ll see forever. In my eyes, in my words and in everything I do.”
- “Goodnight, goodnight, sleep well and when you dream, dream of me…”
- “Maria. I just met a girl named Maria, and suddenly that name will never be the same to me. Maria. I just kissed a girl named Maria, and suddenly I’ve found how wonderful a sound can be. Maria. Say it loud and there’s music playing. Say it soft and it’s almost like praying. Maria. I’ll never stop saying Maria.”
- “Make of our hands one hand. Make of our hearts one heart. Make of our vows one last vow. Only death will part us now.”
- “I have a love and it’s all that I have. Right or wrong, what can I do? I love him, I’m his and everything he is…I am, too. I love him, we’re one. There’s nothing to be done. Not a thing I can do but hold him, hold him forever. Be with him now, tomorrow, and all my life…”
- “The world moves for love. It kneels before it in awe.”
The Wedding Date
- “…..I think I’d miss you even if we’d never met.”
- “The hardest part of love isn’t loving someone, but having the courage to let them love you back.”
What Dreams May Come
- “Soul mates. It’s extremely rare, but it exists. It’s sort of like twin souls tuned into each other.“
When Harry Met Sally
- “I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.”
- “I love that you get cold when it’s seventy degrees out. I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich. I love that you get a little crinkle above your nose when you’re looking at me like I’m nuts. I love that after I spend a day with you I can still smell your perfume on my clothes, and I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night.”
- “If he loved you with all the power of his soul for a whole lifetime, he couldn’t love you as much as I do in a single day.”
- “I make you my queen. Whatever happens out there, here, you will always be my queen.”
- “Make the world stop right here. Make everything stop and stand still and never move again. Make the moors never change, and you and I never change.”
- “I want to crawl to her feet, whimper to be forgiven, for loving her, for needing her more than my own life, for belonging to her more than my own soul.”
- “…he’s more myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.”
- “…if everything in the world died and Heathcliff remained, life would still be full for me.”
- “How can you stand here beside me and pretend not to remember? Not to know that my heart is breaking for you, that your face is the wonderful light burning in all this darkness.”
- “If you ever looked at me once with what I know is in you, I would be your slave.”
- “Be with me always. Take any form, drive me mad, only do not leave me in this dark alone where I cannot find you.”
- “I cannot live without my life! I cannot die without my soul!”
You’ve Got Mail
- “I like to start my notes to you as if we’re already in the middle of a conversation. I pretend that we’re the oldest and dearest friends- as opposed to what we actually are- people who don’t know each other’s names and met in a chat room where we both claimed we’d never been before. What will NY152 say today, I wonder. I turn on my computer, I wait impatiently as it boots up. I go online, and my breath catches in my chest until I hear three little words: You’ve got mail. I hear nothing, not even a sound on the streets of New York, just the beat of my own heart. I have mail. From you.”