With my fiance in the military, romance is sometimes a little hard to do. I have made many different items that I have mailed to my sweetheart.
1. I took a potato and cut it in half. Then, with a knife, I carved an X on one side and an O on the other. Then with red paint, I stamped red X’s and O’s all over the boxers. I then painted my lips with the same red paint and kissed the boxers as well. Just make sure it’s non-toxic paint if you put it on your lips!
2. I made a pillow case with iron-on transfers of our pictures. I then put a little note on the bottom that read: So how’s this for “sleeping with me?” He absolutely loved it!
3. Another item that Scott still keeps set up in his room is a Build a Bear that I put a voicebox into. I let him know that I would still be there waiting for him when he returned home, etc.
4. Inside Wal-Mart at the front door, there are tags that you can have engraved with your pets name, etc. So, I had a tag made that had a very romantic saying so he could wear it with his dog-tags.
5. I also decorated the outside of every care package I mailed. Not only did the box include the address, customs labels, etc, but I also drew pictures. My favorite was the “You are my sunshine…” all around the perimeter of the box.
6. For my soldiers birthday and any other holiday, I made him a cake. Not just a regular cake, but I made it in a mason jar and it can be eaten with a spoon. Wrapped in bubble wrap, it’s easy to ship and lasts for 3 MONTHS!! The trick is, put the seal on while it’s still hot so that it seals properly.
7. At Christmas time, instead of hanging up ornaments on my tree, I had yellow ribbons. Not just any ribbons though, I wrote the name of every soldier in Scotts platoon on a ribbon and then tied them to the tree. I then took pictures of each ribbon and mailed them to each soldier as the front of a Christmas Card. This may not sound Romantic, but Scott thought so because I had taken the time to remember other soldiers in his platoon that may not have received anything for Christmas.
Over 100,000,000 copies in circulation already, download your free copy now.
Copyright 1996-2019 TheRomantic.com