CHOCOLATE SWEETHEART CAKES FOR TWO
Chocolate Sweetheart Cakes For Two
Prep Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons HERSHEY’S Cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- CHOCOLATE FROSTING (recipe follows)
- 1 tube pink decorating icing
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 8-inch square baking pan.
- In medium bowl, stir together flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Add water, oil, vinegar and vanilla; beat with whisk or spoon until smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Transfer to cutting board.
- Using 3-1/4 inch heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut cake into 4 pieces.
- Spread CHOCOLATE FROSTING on top of two pieces; place remaining two hearts on top. Garnish with decorating icing.
- Makes 2 small cakesCHOCOLATE FROSTING
1 tablespoon butter or margarine 2/3 cup powdered sugar 1 tablespoon cocoa 2 to 3 teaspoons milk 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In small microwave-safe bowl, place butter. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 20 seconds or until butter is melted.
- Stir together powdered sugar and cocoa; add to butter mixture alternately with milk, beating with spoon or whisk until smooth.
- Stir in vanilla.
- About 1/3 cup frosting.